Owned by TracFone, Total Wireless, is a low-cost cell phone service provider that helps you bring your bill to half compared to others. It is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that primarily relies on Verizon’s tower to provide customers with the same network coverage at a fraction of the price.
If you recently purchased a Total Wireless product like a phone or hotspot or want to bring your own device, you need to activate it at the Total Wireless activation page before using it.
To know the Total Wireless activation process in detail, follow the instructions below.
Guide to Activate Total Wireless Product at totalwireless.com/activate
Keep your Total Wireless product details handy when following the activation process below.
- Visit Total Wireless activation URL – totalwireless.com/activation/selectdevice.
- On the activation page, select the type of product you would like to activate –
- Total wireless phone
- Bring your own device
- Total wireless hotspot
Total Wireless Phone Activation
If you have purchased a total wireless phone, you can activate it easily by following the steps below –
- On the phone or device activation screen, enter your device’s IMEI, MEID, or Serial Number in the prompted field. You can find the IMEI/MEID/Serial Number on the red activation card that you received with your device.
- After entering the IMEI number, accept the Total Wireless terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox.
- Click the Continue button, select the desired plan on the next screen and confirm it.
- Now, you will be required to complete the phone setup process.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to finalize the activation process.
Your new total wireless phone device is now active to make calls and browse the internet.
How to Bring Your Own Device
If you have a Verizon-compatible device or an unlocked CDMA phone, you can bring your device to the total wireless network using the steps below –
- Select the bring your own device option on the total wireless activation page.
- Now a popup will appear on your screen showing terms & conditions. Here, you need to select the “I accept” option.
- On the next screen, enter your IMEI/MEID/Serial Number in the given field and click the Continue button.
- On an Android phone, dial *#06# to find the IMEI/MEID/Serial Number.
- On iPhones, go to Settings > General > About option to get the IMEI number.
- On the next screen, enter the new SIM card number that came with the SIM card kit, and click Continue.
Activating with New Phone Number
- To get a new number, enter your ZIP Code and click Continue.
- Enter your service plan PIN from the back of your service card. If you don’t have a service card, purchase it now using your debit or credit card.
- Now, create a Total Wireless account if you don’t have one.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the phone setup process.
When Transferring Your Phone Number From Another Service Provider
- Enter the phone number you want to transfer.
- Next, enter your current service provider account details to approve the number transfer.
- Then, provide your Service Plan PIN (if you don’t have one, consider purchasing one).
- Now, create a Total Wireless account. Sign in if you already have one.
- Configure your phone afterward.
Total Wireless Hotspot Activation
If you want to activate Total Wireless Hotspot, following the instructions below will help you with the process within a few minutes.
- Visit https://www.totalwireless.com/activation/selectdevice.
- Select the Total Wireless Hotspot option.
- Enter your IMEI, MEID, or Serial Number on the next screen in the provided field.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click the Continue button.
- Enter the service plan PIN or select a desired Total Wireless plan to get a PIN.
- Your Total Wireless Hotspot device is now ready to use.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate your Total Wireless products. However, if you experience trouble with the activation process, you can seek assistance from Total Wireless support here.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can call the Total Wireless support team between 08:00 AM to 11:45 PM (EST) at 1 866 663 3633.
You can purchase a Total Wireless service plan or service card online or by visiting a nearby Walmart Store.
You must refill your service plan every 30 days to keep your Total Wireless service active. However, an Auto-Refill option is also available that can help you refill your service plan when you reach the end date.
By adding a $10 data card to your wireless or mobile hotspot plan, you can get 5GB of shared data that has validity till the end date of your active service.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.