MSG GO is a regional cable network and radio service owned by MSG Network, Inc. You can watch live NY Rangers, NY Knicks, NY Islanders, NJ Devils, NY Red Bulls, Buffalo Sabres games, and MSG Networks award-winning programming on the MSG GO app.
With a subscription to a participating TV provider, you can stream MSG GO on your phone, tablet, and computer at no additional cost.
If you use a Roku-connected TV, streaming MSG GO on Roku is a piece of cake. But here’s a catch. Since MSG GO isn’t available on Roku as a standalone app, you can’t just sneak into the Channel Store and download it.
Instead, you need to follow a special technique on your Roku device that we will discuss in this blog.
Prerequisites to Stream MSG GO on Roku
To stream live matches and more, make sure you have these things ready beforehand.
- Subscription details with a participating TV provider.
- An updated Roku device connected with a stable Wi-Fi network.
- A separate mobile device (Android or iOS) or PC.
How to Watch MSG GO on Roku
We have already maintained above that the MSG GO app isn’t available on the Roku channel store. So, you can’t install the MSG GO app on your Roku streaming device. However, you can use the screen mirroring technique to cast the screen of your mobile device or PC on your TV-connected device and enjoy MSG GO content.
But, to watch MSG GO programming, you must have a valid subscription through a participating TV. Here’s a list of TV providers offering MSG GO.
- Charter Spectrum
- Optimum TV
- DIRECTV STREAM
- Verizon Fios
- Mid-Hudson Cable
- Summit Cable
Here are the steps to watch MSG GO on Roku –
Step 1 – Enable Screen Mirroring Mode on Roku
Check the steps below to enable screen mirroring mode on your Roku device.
- Please turn on your Roku device and connect it to your TV via an HDMI port.
- Press the Home icon on the Roku remote to access the home screen.
- Then scroll to Settings in the main menu and select the System option.
- Choose the Screen Mirroring option.
- Select the Prompt or Always Allow option to enable the screen mirroring.
Step 2 – Download the MSG Go App on your Android Device
After enabling the screen mirroring on Roku, you need to download and install the MSG GO app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Access the Play Store on your Android phone.
- Search for the MSG GO app.
- Tap the Install button to get the app.
- After successful installation, tap the Open button to launch the app.
- Enter your cable provider sign-in details.
- After logging into the MSG GO app, you can access the MSG GO app.
Step 3 – Watch MSG GO on Roku using Screen Mirroring
Ensure your Android and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Let’s begin!
- On your Android device, pull down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
- Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Launch the MSG GO app on your phone and play any video.
You can now watch your favorite sports shows and live matches on your Roku device. Using a PC, iPad, or iPhone, you can also screen mirror MSGO GO on Roku.
Frequently Asked Questions
You won’t find the MSG GO app on the Roku Channel Store. Currently, the MSG GO app doesn’t support the Roku streaming device.
MSG GO supports smartphones, tablets, and computers. If you wish to watch MSG GO on Roku, you can do it using the screen mirroring method explained above.
MSG GO is only available in the United States. Therefore, you may have to use a VPN to access the MSG GO content outside the US.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.