MLB, also known as Major Leagues Basketball, is a popular channel that broadcasts the MLB matches on-demand and live. Apart from live or on-demand matches, you can also stream match highlights, scores, news, and points tables. If you own a Roku device and want to enjoy all the Major League Basket matches, go through this guide to get MLB on Roku.
Step-by-Step to Add MLB on Roku
Adding the MLB channel to your Roku device is easy. Before you go ahead and carry out the steps to install the channel on the compatible device, make sure you have an MLB TV subscription. Only after that you can get the app on your favorite device and start streaming everything the channel has to offer. Even if you don’t have an active subscription, you can still access scores, highlights, etc.
As you gear up to add the channel to your Roku device, ensure it is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on the Roku device and press the “Home” icon on the remote to access the home screen.
- From here, you will have to access the “Streaming Channels” button.
- Choose the “Search Channels” option and navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to type the name of the app in the search bar.
- The search result should display the MBL app on the screen. (You can access the virtual keyboard to accomplish the task.)
- Choose the app and click on the “Add Channel” button.
- Click on the “OK” button to add the channel to your device.
- Once the MLB channel is added and installed, “go to channel” to open it.
- It will prompt you to choose “Settings”. You will find it in the top right corner.
- Click on the “Log In” button to finish the process.
Note: If you don’t have an MLB account already, create one by selecting the appropriate option.
What Are the Alternative Ways to Watch MLB Matches on Roku?
Below, you will learn the alternative ways to stream MLB on Roku.
- AT&T TV: One of the most sought-after ways to get the MLB app on Roku is through AT&T TV. It is believed to be a great option for Roku users. You may get hold of the most suitable package that suits your needs and fits your budget. While purchasing one of the plans – Xtra, Ultimate, Premier, and Choice, make sure the MLB channel is available on the package.
- Sling TV: Sling Orange and Sling Blue are the two most important packages from Sling TV. Subscribing to a Sling TV plan will allow you to enjoy the MLB matches. Apart from MLB, you will also get access to other popular sports channels like ESPN, etc.
MLB on Roku – FAQs
Got a query? Maybe, we have covered it below. Have a look –
Q: Can I stream MLB on Roku for free?
A: Yes, you can. You will have limited access.
Q: If I subscribe to MBL, how much do I have to pay?
A: To watch only one team, you will have to purchase a plan at $109.99 per year. If you want to watch all teams, it costs $129.99 annually.
Q: Can I stream the MLB matches on Roku for free with Amazon Prime membership?
A: Yes, you can watch it for free. Make sure you have the credentials ready to enjoy unlimited content.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.