Founded by Leap Wireless International, Cricket Wireless is an American wireless provider that provides wireless service to more than 10 million subscribers. It primarily competed against Verizon’s Visible and T-Mobile’s Metro as wireless service provider brands. AT&T acquired this service in March 2014. If you have recently purchased its cell phone service online or from a store, you need to activate it via cricketwireless.com/activate.
Steps to Activate Cricket Service via cricketwireless.com/activate
Before jumping on to the activation steps below, you need to be ready with your phone number and order number. You can find these things in the order confirmation email. Make sure you have a plan. Refer to the following steps if you recently purchased your device or SIM card directly from Cricket (in-store or online).
- Before you begin the activation process, you must insert your SIM card (check the steps below if you don’t know how to insert a SIM card).
- Be ready with your phone number and order number and open the online activation URL – cricketwireless.com/activate on your computer or phone browser.
- There will be four stages for activation – Device Type, Purchase Location, Customer Type, and Order Information.
- Select your Device type – Apple, Android or Both.
- Now insert your SIM card into your device and click I’m Ready.
- Select Cricket and click Continue.
- If you are a new Cricket customer, select New Customer and press Continue.
- Enter your Order Number and Cricket Phone Number in the prompted field and click Activate.
- If you are an existing Cricket customer, select Existing customer and press Continue.
- Now enter your Cricket username & password along with a four-digit Cricket Account PIN and press Activate.
- Your newly purchased Cricket service is now active.
How to Activate Your New Cricket Cell Phone Service (From Non-Cricket Retailer)
If you have purchased your new device or Cricket SIM from other platforms like Walmart, Amazon, or Target, follow the below steps to activate your Cricket service at cricketwireless.com/activate.
You will need a few things like a SIM card, a device or a Universal SIM card kit from the non-Cricket retailer, a copy of your current wireless bill, payment details (credit or debit card, Service Payment Card, Cricket Refill Card, etc.), and a 4-digit PIN.
- Go to cricketwireless.com/join on a web browser and click Continue.
- Choose your preferred language – English or Español.
- For new Cricket customer, select Yes, sign me up!
- Enter your device ID and SIM card number to activate your Cricket service.
- You can find the ICCID number (20 numbers long) on the larger card that comes with your SIM card.
- You can find the 15-digit IMEI number in your phone’s settings.
- Provide both numbers and click Continue.
- Next, select your plan, and press the Continue button. (Choose any optional add-on features if you want.)
- Now select Transfer Your Number or Get a Cricket Number, review your card, and click the Check out option.
- Enter your account details if you already have an account, or you can create one by entering the required information.
- Next, enter the payment information, such as billing address, payment method (Service Payment or Credit Card, or Cricket Refill Card), and confirm.
How to Insert a SIM Card?
Here’s a step-by-step guide if you don’t know how to insert a SIM card into your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Locate the SIM card slot.
- Now, you need to insert your SIM card.
Note: Different phone models have different SIM card slot locations. To see the SIM card slot, you need to remove the back panel and battery on some phones. Instead, iPhone users should look for the slide-out SIM tray, which should be on the side or top of the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
To find the IMEI number, go to your phone Settings, tap the General option, and select “About.” You should see the IMEI number here. If you own an Android phone, go to Settings and select About Phone. Next, select the Status option, and you can locate the IMEI.
Have you forgotten your PIN? Then, you need to contact Customer Support to reset your PIN.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.