Owned by AT&T’s WarnerMedia, truTV is a basic cable channel earlier known for crime-themed programs, legal dramas, true crime documentary series, and prominent criminal cases. At present, the channel is focusing more on comedy-based reality series.
The truTV channel also airs live sports like NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. Currently, truTV is available to approximately 91 million households in the United States.
The channel is available on all leading streaming devices like Apple TV, Amazon FireStick, Android TV, and Roku. So, if you wish to access truTV on any of these devices, you must install the truTV app from the app store and activate the channel at trutv.com/activate.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to activate TruTV on smart TV or streaming devices.
Guide to Activate truTV.com on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, & Android TV 
If you follow the proper steps, streaming truTV on your living room device shouldn’t take more than five minutes. Go through this guide to activate truTV via trutv.com/activate and catch up on the truTV originals you love on your favorite device.
There are a few things to consider when watching truTV on your streaming device.
- Wi-Fi connection recommended.
- Ensure that you own a supported TV-connected device.
- A participating cable provider to watch truTV for free.
- The latest truTV app.
- Second device to access truTV activation link.
Roku users can follow the instructions below to activate truTV on Roku –
- Select the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
- Next, select the Search Channels option located on the left-hand sidebar.
- In the search field, type truTV using the virtual keypad.
- Select the truTV app icon from the search results.
- Press the Add channel button to install the app on Roku.
- Once the app gets installed, launch it.
- You will see an activation code inside the truTV app.
- Visit trutv.com/activate on a web browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select Roku and click Continue.
- In the prompted field, enter the activation code and click Submit.
- After that, sign in using your TV provider credentials and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
truTV is now active on your Roku device.
How to Activate truTV on Android TV
Here are the steps to activate truTV on Android TV at trutv.com/activate.
- Go to the Play Store on your Android TV.
- Install the truTV app.
- Launch the app and follow the prompts to generate an activation code.
- Open trutv.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Select Android TV from the drop-down menu and click the Continue button.
- Enter the activation code from your Android TV and click Submit.
- Sign in with your TV provider login details.
Your Android TV screen will load automatically. You can now watch truTV on your Android TV.
truTV.com Activate on Amazon FireStick
Complete the guided instructions to activate truTV on your FireStick device –
- First, go to Amazon App Store on your Fire TV.
- Search for the truTV app.
- From the search results, select the app and press the Free or Download button.
- After installation, open the truTV app.
- Select the Sign in option to generate an activation code.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to trutv.com/activate.
- On the activation page, select Amazon Fire TV and tap Continue.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap Submit.
- After that, sign in to your TV provider account to verify your subscription.
After successful verification, you can watch full episodes of your favorite truTV shows on your Fire TV.
Activate truTV on Apple TV
truTV app is now available on Apple TV. To activate it, do the following:
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV and search for the truTV app.
- Download and install the app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the truTV app.
- A unique code will appear on your screen.
- Once you have the activation code, open a web browser and visit trutv.com/activate.
- Select Apple TV and submit the activation code to link your TV provider.
When the activation code is verified successfully, your Apple TV will be ready to stream your favorite TruTV shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. For that, you need to check with your TV provider and ensure they have truTV.
The procedure is simple. You will require the sign-in details with your TV provider.
The truTV app supports most cable Providers, including AT&T, Spectrum, XFINITY, Cox, DIRECTV, Dish, Optimum, Suddenlink, Verizon, and many more.
truTV HD channel is on channel 246.
Didn’t we mention that the truTV activation process wouldn’t take more than five minutes? Well, you must stick to the steps given above and start streaming truTV anytime, anywhere.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.