Founded in 1934, SchoolsFirst FCU, a federally chartered credit union, is known for providing world-class financial security and personal service to the educational community in California.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union is the largest education credit union in the United States that mainly offers Investments, Savings, Consumer Loans, Checking, Credit Cards, Mortgages, and Online Banking services.
Getting a SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Card is an excellent way to rebuild your credit. Schools First FCU offers different cards, and you can select as per your needs – special school employee benefits, great travel rewards, low rates, etc.
After receiving your School First credit card, you must activate it at schoolsfirstfcu.org/activate using your online banking to enjoy many benefits. Here’s what you get with every SchoolsFirst card:
- Coverage for rental cars
- ID theft protection
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- No cash advance fee
- EMV-enabled chip technology
Schoolsfirstfcu.org/activate – Learn How to Activate SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Card
Refer to the below steps to activate your card online –
- Go to schoolsfirstfcu.org/activate on a computer or mobile browser.
- Enter your online banking username and password.
- After logging in, you will be redirected to the Card Management section.
- In the Card Management dashboard, select your card and enter the required details – card number, name, expiry details, CVV, etc.
- Click the Activate button.
The entire card activation process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. But, of course, it will take less time if you are already logged into your online banking account.
How to Create a SchoolsFirst FCU Online Banking Account?
Let’s create your online account. To register, follow these quick steps.
- Visit schoolsfirstfcu.org/activate, and click the New User Registration option.
- Please provide the following information to register for Online Banking –
- First Name.
- Last Name.
- Member Number or Application ID.
- Last 4-digits of your SSN or ATM/Debit card number.
- Click the Continue button.
Note: By clicking the Continue button, you agree to the Terms of SchoolsFirst FCU.
How to Join SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Membership
To join and apply for a SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union membership, you must possess the following eligibility criteria.
- A current school employee.
- A retired school employee.
- An employee of a company that offers a direct service to an eligible school in California.
- An immediate family member of a SchoolsFirst FCU Member (parent, spouse, sibling, domestic partner, grandparent, child, or grandchild)
Also, a college student “enrolled in an education program with a student teaching requirement” can join SchoolsFirst FCU.
If you believe you are eligible, you can now fill out the application to become a member.
- Visit this page and read all instructions before clicking the Start Application button.
- Enter your First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name.
- Please type your email address, DOB and Social Security Number.
- Select all the checkboxes and click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the remaining sections.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can log into your SchoolsFirst FCU account and select the Card Management option to activate your card. The process will take less than 5 minutes.
Yes, you can install the latest SchoolsFirst FCU Mobile App to activate your card and accomplish multiple tasks. The SchoolsFirst FCU Mobile App is available on iOS and Android devices.
Go to the contact us page to get the customer service telephone number, email address, mailing address, live chat option, and more.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.