McAfee is a leading antivirus provider that has been in the industry for over three decades. It offers an extensive range of security products such as antivirus, anti-spyware programs, and firewalls. The antivirus software of McAfee comes with great features and functionalities that ensure the safety of your device (PC, Mac, gaming console, iOS, Android, etc.) against viruses, worms, trojans, and other malicious programs.
Complete Guide to Activate McAfee on your PC or Mac
If you have recently purchased a McAfee antivirus program, you will need to activate it at mcafee.com/activate before you can use it to safeguard your device(s). The following instructions can be your go-to guide if you need help activating McAfee on your PC or Mac.
Method 1: Activate McAfee at mcafee.com/activate
Follow the below steps to activate McAfee antivirus on your PC or Mac device –
When Purchased Separately (PC and Mac)
- On your Mac or PC browser, navigate to the McAfee activation page – mcafee.com/activate.
- Enter the 25 digits activation code in the provided field.
- Next, enter your email address in the prompted field and click Next. (If no McAfee account is associated with the email address, you must create an account.)
- Once logged in, follow the instructions to download your McAfee security software.
When Pre-Installed on Windows PC
We suggest you use this activation method if your McAfee software comes preinstalled on your new Microsoft Windows PC.
As McAfee has updated the Windows security products with a new appearance, the following steps are to be followed accordingly.
- Launch the preinstalled McAfee program on your PC.
- Access your account to view your subscription.
On New Windows User Interface
- Launch McAfee security software.
- Click Activate located in the left menu.
- Select the My Subscription option.
- Tap Go to My Account option.
- This will direct you to the McAfee website.
- On the McAfee website, enter your email address and tap Next.
- Sign in if you already have an account.
- If you don’t have an account, create a password and tap Next.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation of your McAfee program.
On Legacy Windows User Interface
- Launch McAfee security software.
- Select the Settings option (gear icon) located at the upper-right corner.
- Tap My account under the My info section.
- This will take you to the McAfee website.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Sign in as usual if you already have an account.
- Create a password and tap Next if you don’t have an account yet.
- Once you are signed into your account, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation of your McAfee program.
Verify of Your McAfee Subscription
After following the above activation steps, use the Verify Subscription feature to sync your McAfee program with your new account.
- Go to the notification area located at the bottom of your Windows desktop (besides the clock) and right-click the McAfee icon.
- Next, click Verify Subscription option.
- Wait until the verification process gets completed.
- Post-verification, your McAfee program, and subscription will be synced and updated.
Method 2: Activate McAfee using home.mcafee.com
- Open home.mcafee.com on your PC or Mac browser.
- Select the “Grid” icon located in the top-right corner.
- Next, select the Activate your Retail Card option.
- Then, click on the Enter product key button.
- On the next screen, enter the product key in the provided field.
- Type your email address in the “Enter your email” section and tap Next.
- After that, follow the instructions to download and install your McAfee software.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate the McAfee product on your PC and Mac. For common queries related to McAfee activation, refer to these FAQs.
How to Purchase a McAfee Product?
- Open a web browser and visit mcafee.com.
- Click Get protection now.
- Select your preferred plan from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on Get protection now.
- Enter your email address and click CONTINUE TO PAYMENT.
- On the next page, provide the billing information and credit card details in the provided fields and click Agree and Continue.
- You will get the purchase receipt along with the product key at your email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are getting this error while activating your McAfee antivirus software, make sure you enter the activation code correctly. Also, ensure that the URL you are using is – mcafee.com/activate.
If you see this message, consider waiting for 30 minutes before you try to activate it again.
If you have tried everything but can’t verify your subscription, contact McAfee customer service:
– Phone Number: 080005 02090
– Technical Assistance: service.mcafee.com
– Go to mcafee.com and click the Login button located in the top-right corner.
– Click on Forgot password or want to create one.
– Enter your email address on the next screen.
– Check your email inbox for a link to reset your password.
– Open the link and follow the instructions provided in the email to reset your McAfee account password.
Depending on your type of purchase, you can find the code here:
Retail Card Purchase: On the back of the card you purchased.
Online Purchase: Check the email receipt that you got from the online store.
My name is Dan Smith, and I am a senior technical writer at Activate Guide. I have been covering the technology industry for over six years, writing about streaming devices, TV channels, credit card activation, and many more.