Food Network is a pay television channel owned by Television Food Network, a joint venture and general partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Nexstar Media Group. The channel airs regular and special programs related to food and cooking.
Apart from regular cable/satellite viewing, you can also watch your favorite Food Network shows anytime, anywhere with the Food Network GO app on streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, etc. So, to access the Food Network channel on these devices, you will need to install the Food Network Go app from the relevant app store and then activate it at watch.foodnetwork.com/activate.
In addition, you can also access other Discovery family networks like TLC, Discovery, HGTV, Science Channel, etc., in the Food Network GO app.
For complete installation and activation details, refer to the guide below.
Activate Food Network Go on Apple TV at watch.foodnetwork.com/activate
- In the App Store of your Apple TV, search for the Food Network Go application.
- Once you find the app, select Get to download and install it on your Apple TV.
- Tap Open after installation to launch the Food Network GO app on Apple TV.
- You will find a unique code and activation link on the welcome page.
- Now, open a web browser on another device and visit watch.foodnetwork.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap the Link TV Provider button.
- Sign in using your service provider login credentials (if prompted).
- Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- The Food Network GO app is now active on your Apple TV.
Steps to Activate Food Network Go on Roku
- Navigate to the Roku Channel Store > Movies and TV section.
- Look for the Food Network Go app in the Movies and TV section.
- Once you find the app, click the Add channel button to install the app on your Roku device.
- When installed, select Go to channel to open the app.
- Note down the code and activation link watch.foodnetwork.com/link from your TV screen.
- Now, open the activation link on your phone or pc browser to link your TV provider.
- Enter the activation code and click Link TV Provider.
- Next, select your service provider from the given options.
- Then, sign in using the login credentials of your service provider.
- After signing in, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- You can now access the Food Network app on your Roku device.
Activate Food Network GO on Android TV via TV Provider
- Access the Play Store app on your Android TV.
- In the Play Store, search for the Food Network Go app.
- Press the Install button to download & install the application on your Android TV.
- After successful installation, select Open to launch the app.
- Your TV screen will display an activation code along with the activation link – watch.foodnetwork.com/activate.
- On a web browser of your second device and access this activation link.
- Provide the activation code in the given field and tap the Link TV Provider button.
- Next, choose your service provider and log in with its account credentials.
- Once logged in, complete the remaining on-screen instructions.
- Your Food Network GO is now activated on your Android TV.
Activate Food Network Go on Amazon Fire TV using Activation Code
- Open the Find section on your Fire TV.
- Look for the Food Network GO app using the search option.
- Select the Food Network app, and press Get to install it.
- After installation, press Open to launch the app on your Fire TV Stick.
- A one-time unique code will display on your screen along with the Food Network activation link – watch.foodnetwork.com/activate.
- Open this activation link on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click the Link TV Provider option.
- On the next screen, select your service provider (if prompted) and sign in using account credentials.
- After signing in, complete the guided instructions to activate Food Network GO on your streaming device.
- You can then watch the Food Network GO shows on your Fire TV.
How to Activate Food Network Go on Samsung Smart TV?
- Press the Smart Hub button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Search for the Food Network GO app using the Magnifying glass icon.
- After finding the app, select the Download button.
- When the download completes, tap Open to launch the app.
- You will see a unique registration code, activation link, and instructions to follow on your TV screen.
- Launch a browser on another device and open the activation link – watch.foodnetwork.com/link.
- Enter the code in the provided field and tap the Link TV Provider button.
- Select your preferred TV provider on the next screen.
- Then, sign in using your TV provider account credentials.
- You can now enjoy your favorite cooking shows on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Install & Watch Food Network Go on iPhone?
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for the Food Network app in the search box located in the upper section.
- Select the Food Network app from the search result.
- Now click the Get button to download and install the app on your iOS device.
- After successfully installing the app on your iPhone, tap Open to launch the app.
- Link your Pay TV provider using your provider login credentials.
- You can now stream live TV on your iPhone.
Food Network GO app Compatible Devices
- iPhone (4th and above)
- Android Mobile (5 and above)
- Kindle Fire Tablet (7 and above)
- Roku (Stick and TV)
- Amazon Fire TV (Cube, Stick, and TV)
- Apple TV (Gen 4 and above | tvOS and above)
- Android TV (5 and above)
- Samsung Smart TV (Tizen 3 | TV Model Year 2017 and Above )
- Xbox One
Frequently Asked Questions
If you cannot find your TV provider among the current list of partners, unfortunately, your service provider is yet to be listed. However, as Food Network regularly adds new service providers, you can check again later and activate the Food Network GO app.
Yes, the Food Network app comes with Closed Captioning for both on-demand and Live episodes.
– Amazon Fire TV: Launch a program >Press the “=” icon using the remote and click to open the CC options > Press the Center button on your remote to enable Closed Captions.
– Apple TV: Launch a content > Swipe down using your remote and go to the “Subtitles” option > tap off/auto/English CC as per your preferences.
– Roku: Launch a program > Press the “*” button using your remote > tap On replay/On always/Off as per your preferences.
If you have recently updated your Food Network GO app to the latest version, you are required to repopulate My List with new episodes and series.